It's your birthday,

Friday, April 22, 2016

I celebrate your birthday by taking a long cold shower.
caressing all the corners of my body,
scent it with the most overpriced vanilla cream moist
and cleanse it with the softest cotton there ever was.

I celebrate your birthday by eating out at that seafood resto people are buzzing about.
ordered the most tantalizing menu on the list.
Forgetting you ever rejected my invitation to this.

I celebrate your birthday by the books I over-shelved
picking it with my good hands
wiping the dust over the sides
recalling all the lights it ever strives

I celebrate your birthday in a day
I smile politely and talk with laughter
I sleep a deep sleep and cry with fracture
I fear for I'm too happy even when you're nowhere near

It's your birthday
and  I celebrate it by giving myself a chance
to finally love myself.


sarahannida
Margonda Residence, 10.40PM
Happy Birthday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.